Accredited Law Enforcement Agency


In an effort to to provide better communication to residents and concerned citizens, we have provided some answers to questions we receive on a regular basis. If you have a question, you can submit it by using our forms under the Contact Us tab of the navigation menu.

District Court Locations

Contacting Us

  1. How do I contact a police officer if I don't have an emergency?

    You can contact a police officer if you do not have an emergency by using the Chester County Police Radio Non-Emergency Phone Number (610) 692-5100 at any time or you may call our police department during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at (610) 692-9600. 


Back to top

District Court Locations

  1. I received a traffic citation, where do I go to pay it?

    Depending on the location of the traffic offense, you can pay your traffic citation at the District Court locations indicated below.

    District Court 15-2-03 (Westtown and Thornbury Townships)
    601 Westtown Road
    Suite # 110
    P.O. Box 2747
    West Chester, PA 19380
    (610) 436-5757

    District Court 15-1-02 (East Goshen Township)

    1572 Paoli Pike
    West Chester, PA 19380
    (610) 430-1966

Back to top

Obtaining A Report

  1. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

    You may call the police department Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and request a copy of a police report. There is a $15.00 fee for a copy of a police report payable by cash or personal check. We cannot accept credit/debit cards. 

    Please note:  Under the Right To Know Law, certain information contained in a police report may be redacted as per Setion 708, Exceptions for Public Records of the Pennsylvania Right To Know Law, Act 3 of 2008.  There is additional information and links under the Police Commission tab of the navigation menu. 

  2. Can I get a copy of a report from an officer?

    No.  Only members of the administrative office staff are permitted to provide copies of reports.  You must contact the administrative office during normal business hours in order to get a copy of a report. 

  3. How do I get a copy of a crash (accident) report?

    If the police responded to the scene of a crash that you were involved in, you should have received a copy of a report, known as a Driver's Exchange Form.  If the crash was indicated as being reportable, then a separate report will be completed and submitted by the investigating officer through the PennDOT Crash Reporting System. Reportable Crash Reports take from 5-10 days to be completed, submittted and approved before they can be released. 

    Please consult with your insurance company. In some cases, your auto insurance company will contact us and make arrangements to get a copy of a reportable crash report. 

Back to top

Services We Offer

  1. Can I get my fingerprints taken for employment purposes?

    Yes.  Residents of Westtown, East Goshen and Thornbury Townships may make an appointment to have their fingerprints taken for employment purposes. Please contact our Administrative Office at (610) 692-9600 Monday thru Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

  2. Is there a fee to have my fingerprints taken for employment purposes?

    Yes. There is a $25.00 fee payable by cash or personal check. We cannot accept credit/debit cards.

Back to top

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Aug 31 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM